I can then refer back to this and see whether my election as Councillor will have improved matters over the forthcoming years.
Starting from the Top of the Village
- Deganwy Castle Hotel - Hotel and Spa - Open to Non-Residents - (01492) 583555
- 1 Station Rd, Unit for Sale (£95K) or Lease (£7.5K pa) - St David's Commercial - http://www.stdavidsproperty.com/ - (01492) 534881
- 3 Station Rd, 1 (or 3) Units to let - I know the owner and the rent for the whole is very reasonable (probably the best rent on the road)
- 5 Station Rd, Unit for Sale (£95K) or Lease (£7.5K pa) - St David's Commercial - http://www.stdavidsproperty.com/ - (01492) 534881
- Designbanc Ltd - (01492) 585070 - http://www.designbanc.co.uk/
- allCare Nursing Agency - (01492) 585358 - http://www.allcarenursing.co.uk/
- Conway Yacht Club - (01492) 583690 - http://www.conwyyachtclub.com/
- North Wales Holiday Cottages and Farmhouses - (01492) 582492 http://www.northwalesholidaycottages.co.uk/
- Vacant Unit - Owned by Niki Ips, subject to planning for extension to restaurant.
- Niki Ip's Chinese Restaurant - (01492) 596611
- Wild Orchid - Thai Restaurant - (01492) 583801 - I understand that this business is for sale as a going concern. http://www.stdavidsproperty.com/ - (01492) 534881
- Stone Island Interiors - (01492) 585050
- Moncrieffe Hair & Beauty - (01492) 583021
- Sunset Club - Surf & Ski Wear - (01492) 581886 - also have a new shop in Conwy High St, how long they remain in Deganwy is under review. They have options on their lease coming up soon.
- Deganwy Post Office & Village Stores - (01492) 583215 - the most interesting shop in the village !!!
- Empty Unit To Let - Owned by George Edwards of Corner Stores, Lancaster Sq, Conwy
- Upstairs Downstairs - Old/New Collectibles, Small Furniture & Art - (01492) 585141
- Reflections - Ladies Boutique - (01492) 584496 - This unit is for sale
- Hair by Garath - (01492) 584496 - downstairs in Reflections
- Antiques & Collectibles
- Acorn Antiques - (01492) 584083 - we thought Kerry was selling up and leaving the village this year. At the moment he is playing his cards close to his chest. This unit also has planning permission for change of use to a cafe/restaurant.
- Unit for let - small lock up unit - St David's Commercial - http://www.stdavidsproperty.com/ - (01492) 534881
- Rowlands Pharmacy - (01492) 583431
- Tarmaster Jones, Architects - (01492) 583036
- Empty Unit - Shop For Sale-- Formally Forget-me-not Florist and Delicatessen - Donna now does flowers from home (01492) 582862
- Empty Unit - For Sale/To Let - with accommodation. Interesting happenings here, there were St Davids Commercial signs in the window which have been now been removed.
- Deganwy Dental Practise - (01492) 580099
- Townstyle Hair Salon - (01492) 581941
- Cafe 'T' Air - Victorian Tea Rooms - (01492) 582281
- Venezia - Ladies Fashion Designers - 07919 676186
- P3 - Ladies Fashions and Solarium
- Paysanne Country Style Restaurant - (01492) 582079
- Bryn Veterinary Surgery - (01492) 584478
- Grosvenor Travel - Shop currently empty. Business currently based in Rhos on Sea. Anthony the owner is keeping his options open on this unit. May be we can encourage him back if the rest of the village picks up.
- Deganwy Osteopathic Clinic - (01492) 573500
- Deganwy Library - (01492) 573500
- Deganwy Quay Hotel & Spa - inc Vue Restaurant and Lounge Bar - Fantastic Location -(01492) 580500 - http://www.deganwyquay.com/
- Deganwy Marina Complex, including Yacht Sales and Chandlers
- Land formally the Station House on the estuary side of Station Rd - Approximately 0.3 arce site. Planning Permission for two-storey Bar and Restaurant with associated Car Parking exists. This site is available at the right price. Let me know if you want more information, I can provide contact details for owner or try http://www.stdavidsproperty.com/ - (01492) 534881
Although we have a lot of empty units in the Village there is also a great deal going in and of interest to the visitor. Unfortunately the empty shops due to there location tend to stick out like a sore thumb.
I believe we are an idea location for more of a cafe culture, with the Cycle Path and Estuary location we are calling out for more lunch time options. Cafe 'T' Air is good but is very specific in its market and has limited opening hours. We really need a more traditional cafe such as the Cafe on West Shore, suitable for a wider cross-section of visitors, such as families, walkers/cyclist, sailers etc. One that is open on Sundays and Bank Holidays is essential.
In addition further along in Deganwy we have Deganwy News (Newsagent & Convenience Store), Castle View Pub (formally Maggie Murphys - Fine Food & drink), Garth Motors (Car Sales) and Harbour View Fish and Chip Shop.
In Llanrhos we have Corner Stores (Post Office, Newsagents & Convenience Store) and a Hairdressers.